TRI-NEX Dental Implants
With its internal Tri-Lobe and Hexagon design, Southern’s TRI-NEX Dental Implants are uniquely designed to protect Tri-Lobe integrity, for predictability during implant placement, and prosthetic fit. This unique implant also incorporates a beveled edge at the platform creating forced prosthetic platform switching which studies1 have shown may prevent bone loss around the coronal portion of the implant.
TRI-NEX® Connection Implants
TRI-NEX® Connection –
TRI-NEX® Connection –
Conventional internal tri-lobe interfaces are not suited to withstand high force during implant insertion and can be deformed.
The Southern Innovation
TRI-NEX Dental Implants feature a tri-lobe hex drive connection with an additional internal hexagon for implant insertion. This design allows the primary driving forces for implant insertion on the hex, protecting the integrity of the lobes for prosthetic fit during restorative procedures. The coronal wall at the top of the implant features a beveled edge creating forced “platform switching” for prosthetic components.
More Patients are demanding immediate function, which requires high primary implant stability. To achieve this, implants are being placed with increasing insertion torque values. The external thread design of Southern Implants is suitable for high insertion torque while potentially limiting the occurrences of bone necrosis. The need for an insertion drive mechanism that can accommodate the following requirements is of utmost importance:
- Tactile sensibility/rigidity
- Transmit insertion torque of up to 100Ncm
- Reduce the potential of deformation or damage to the prosthetic interface
- Reduce weakness or fatigue resistance of the implant
The unique design of the TRI-NEX Implant addresses these requirements allowing clinicians to be confident in achieving reliable and predictable results.
- High Strength Commercially Pure Grade 4 Titanium
- Parallel Walled and Tapered Implant designs
- Parallel Walled and Tapered designs in 3.5mm, 4.3mm, 5.0mm, and 6.0mm diameters and MAX Implants in 7.0mm, 8.0mm, and 9.0mm diameters
- Parallel Walled and Tapered designs in 8mm, 10.5mm, 12mm, 13.5mm, 15.5mm and 16.5mm lengths and MAX Implants in 7mm, 9mm, and 11mm lengths
- SInergy™ Surface. The implant surface is roughened by aluminum oxide clean grit blasting, giving a moderately rough surface with 20 years of well documented clinical success
- 0 .8mm machined collar
- Implants are placed using an insertion tool compatible with Southern Standard and Co-Axis® Implants
- Built in platform shift
- Screws placed with Unigrip Drivers